I decided to dedicate this post to my overall experience of taking this class online. To begin, I was never a fan of the process and thought i would drop the semester and take a break. As summer went by, I tried an online course and felt a bit better about it. In the winter 2020 semester, I had taken TMGT 3020 with another professor. I started the semester with her and directly felt overwhelmed with the information she was sharing. The class seemed very political, i dropped it and decided to wait.

I began this fall 2020 semester with one goal only, to connect to my material and professors. After the first two classes, I relaxed the class was more interactive than i could have imagined. I was happy to see that we got to have badges, weekly quizzes and material that we can relate too. I learnt so much about parts of Canada that i had never even thought about. As an international, it is very tricky to learn all this information about a country so big and beautiful. I learnt way more about the Tourism industry in B.C than any other class. Some of the class material motivated me to look further and read into things i would just have skimmed over.  The layout of the corse was very clear, informative and detailed. I never felt left out or confused about something as Professor John was very responsive and engaging.

The E-portfolio was a great way for us to adapt to the new online world. With the dramatic shift of the technology industry and the growth of tourism, our online presence is very urgent. To learn how to virtually present yourself and experience the world is now a thing we need to prioritize. I feel lucky to have had a pleasant experience in something that made me anxious just a few months ago.

Thank you for being patient with all my questions and inquiries. I will try to delete this account once i am done as I already have website i work on. My personal website is like an art blog, but now that i have been exposed to this website from the lens of a tourism student, i will incorporate my experiences there and learn to become more present in this situation. Thank you !!